September 9, 2010

Nature and all it's Beauty


Our Beach



From our back gate.

As I walked along the shore today I pondered. So many thoughts, so little clarity. I watched the waves come and go and felt that it is very similar in our life, we do the same thing so often that you then forget to see how wonderful it is to be doing it. There may be times when an obstacle arrives but just as the wave does, you find a way to move it, be it going around, under or over, you find a way to deal with it and move on. Sometimes it keeps coming back in every rotation of the wave, so you have to find another way. It isn't easy and sometimes strength wavers, however another wave may come to strengthen you again.
A bit blabby, sorry, I guess I am saying that even though some things seem hard at the time, they pass, they may reappear but you have it babe, you can do it again. Ask for help sometimes, admit that you haven't got all the bases covered and it is OK if the facade cracks for at the end of the day you are only human.

I have been reading a book on how to teach children with Down Syndrome to read, so many 'that is so true' moments for me. One quote that stood out for me was 'I did the best I could, with who I was, with what I knew at the time!' Forgive yourself for any mistakes that you think you may have made in the past. Forgive others for being less then perfect as well. Put your energy in today and tomorrow. You have another chance!
So often I run ahead of today or tomorrow, I also seep into the black parts of days gone. It isn't healthy at all, I miss so much of the wonder and beauty that today is filled with. I have now got this saying as a constant reminder to bring back the thinking and make it relevant to your current world.
So a note to myself, sometimes life can be messy yet there can be beauty in that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers