January 15, 2012

I was inspired

We have a huge problem in our house..... The dreaded school bags.

After reading The Organised House Wife blog post, I got to thinking. We rent and our landlord doesn't like holes in the wall, so a fixed structure wasn't an option.
I bought a little storage unit the other week, it has those cloth draws that are pretty popular. It was this that I decided to transform.

I bought 1800ml Malamine board and some hooks and got to work.

TADAAAAAA!!! I am pretty chuffed with it.



I am going to make some adjustments, I want a pocket for school related paperwork and a mounted box for hats, I wasn't able to find what I wanted so will keep on the look out.

3 comments:

  1. brilliant! well done you. nice feeling finding a good solution to a clutter problem hey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still feels good. :) I have bought a magazine holder and a pen caddy but going to leave the hats in the top draw with the nappies.
    I have a box beside the unit for school shoes too now. :)

    Much nicer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it hon!!! Now I just need more space to put something like that up! oops!
    www.musingnmayhem.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers