December 28, 2011

Our Amazing Wedding

I became so wrapped up in my celebrations, I didn't share our day.

We were married on the 15th October 2011. It began with our family waking up in the same bed at our home. We spent the night before doing normal family things and it was a lovely way to wake and start our day.

Mr P and our boys were picked up about 9 and the clock started to tick. We started with a lovely breakfast, fruit, muesli, yoghurt and other good food. My Bridesmaids gave me a massage, a manicure and I was spoilt. Mid morning my husband to be came by and gave me a lovely bunch of flowers and a chocolate, he looked nervous and excited. I met him with curlers in my hair. hehe. He said I looked very relaxed, it was because I was.

I was so excited to be finally here, at the moment I was going to share my love in front of our family and friends.

The day went by quickly and with fleeting visits from family. My neice was literally bouncing from excitment at being our flower girl. We had some problems with her dress before the day, but it fit beautifully.

After all our hair was done (no mean feat with 4 bridesmaids, a flowergirl and me), my women took me to get my dress on. It was the most surreal feeling to be dressed by someone else, let alone 4 of them. Ha!

We proceeded out to the loungeroom and they put on my jewellery. I had thought the dressing was different, you have no idea how weird it was to have my earring put into my ear. So odd.

I was all ready and we started to get some photo's. My boys arrived, looking so gorgeous, and we were ready to drive to the location.
I had organised a spot on the beach really close to our home, but as it was blowing 30knot winds, we decided to change the location to the other end of the beach where it was a bit more sheltered from the massive winds.
With the move, we ended up needing cars. My friend owned a large enough car and we were able to go in two cars that were both silver, my bridemaids in one, my Dad, my boys and I in the other. It was still not feeling like the time had come, until we turned a corner and the breath got stuck in my throat. It was time.

My husband to be and his groomsmen were waiting at the closest end of a red carpet, our guests to either side, our minister at the other end of the carpet.
My flowergirl went first carrying a bouquet of buttons.
My bridesmaids were escorted by the groomsmen with wrist corsages.
My Dad gave my arm to MR P and our boys and he walked down before us.

I was greeted by Mr P who said, 'Wow, you have blown me away. You look amazing.'
We walked down the carpet with our closest friends and our families looking on. We had A love idea by Mark Knopfler playing.

We had a beautiful ceremony and shared our vows.

Mr P, you have filled my world with even more meaning.
You have made me happy.
you are my best friend and Father to our children

I promise to encourage and inspire you and to laugh with you

I promise to support the Knights when they are winning,
and if they are losing.

Thank you for taking me as I am; loving me,
and welcoming me into your heart.

As we grow together throughout our marriage,
I hope we never realise just how high our high can be.

I, Phoenix give myself to you Mr P to be your husband.
I will love you, comfort you, honour and protect you and
be faithful to you for the rest of our lives.


And his to me

From this day forward I promise you these things.

I will laugh with you in times of joy,

I will share in your dreams, and support

you as you strive to achieve your goals.

I will listen to you with compassion and understanding,
and speak to you with encouragement.

I will help you when you need it,
and step aside when you don't.
You are my best friend and
I will love and respect you always.

I, Mr P give myself to you Phoenix to be your husband.
I will love you, comfort you, honour and protect you and
be faithful to you for the rest of our lives.


We shared our vows with our oldest son taking in every word. He knew that we were sharing something incredibly special. It was beautiful to have him share such a moment.

We signed our marriage certificate while listening to Into my arms by Nick Cave

It was perfect.

We were introduced as MR and MRS and our family and friends cheered. My husband's family are from Scotland and we payed tribute to his heritage as we finished our ceremony. We played Highland Cathedral (there is a stupid ad before the song, and our version was a tad different, it was more brisk to begin with.)

We had some nibbles and champagne by the beach and enjoyed the company before we started the photos.









Our reception was wonderful, we had fantastic food and great company.

It was an ideal day, so perfect. *happy sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers