February 3, 2011

The day I found unconditional love.

My beautiful boy is 6 years old. Writing that is incredible, SIX YEARS!!

He entered the world after going into fetal distress and being yanked out of me. He came into the world in a sterile environment, but it was full of nervous excitement that my first born was here. He was mine.

I was shown his face only briefly before he needed oxygen. I knew his name. I knew he was love. I knew he was a blessing. I touched him lightly while I was being looked after by the doctors. I was in awe. My body grew him.

He was taken away with the Midwife, his father and Grandma and I was alone. I was itching for him, I ached for him.

I remember the feeling of his diagnosis of Down syndrome, it was an empty feeling. A hole. A blank spot. Something didn't add up. Actually it didn't, it equaled 47. Each of his cells included a little extra special spice!

That spice made me live! It made me question myself. It made me hungry for knowledge. It made me protective. It made me see beauty in small things like rolling over, staring at the blinds blowing in the breeze (they have a hypnotic grip), seeing his eyes light up when he saw me. It was amazing.

My son, who gives me joy, love, frustration, kisses, contagious belly laughs, You are so incredibly special to me. Thank you for choosing me. I sure do love having you in my life.

Happy Birthday to you funky little, break dancing, dude!












You are one loved little boy, you are precious.

Love your Mumma xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 6!!! Happy birthday beautiful boy, and well done mama! Gorgeous piccies <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthing day to you, and happy birthay to B6!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers